A normal day with me is spending time at the studio from sun up to sun down with Jess lol! It may sound boring but we make our work fun and are constantly laughing even when we are so stressed we could cry! If I’m not here (which is rare) I am spending time walking my dog Ralphie, at LA fitness lifting, driving home to Apollo to visit my family or out brunching with friends!
HOW DO YOU CROSSTRAIN WHEN YOU’RE NOT AT 6YCLE?
THE BEST THING ABOUT 6YCLE IS WE ARE ABLE TO CROSS TRAIN HERE WITH OUR BOOTCAMPS AND HYBRID CLASSES SO IT CHANGES UP OUR WORKOUTS! BESIDES THAT, I GO TO LA FITNESS AND LIFT A DIFFERENT MUSCLE GROUP A DAY (LEG DAY BEING MY FAVORITE OR COURSE!) INCORPORATING CORE AND ARM WORKOUTS ON THE BIKE HAS CHANGED MY LIFE AND I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS MUCH OF A POSITIVE CHANGE IN MY BODY UNTIL WE OPENED 6YCLE!
YOUR PERFECT CLIENT IS…
My perfect client is someone who is also trying to hype up the class with me! Those willing to cheer with me and shout out WOO to give everyone else a push of motivation and a smile on their face makes my job as a instructor so rewarding! It also makes the class that much more fun! Also- clients who are willing to push past their comfort level and try out new moves on the bike that they may not be great at at first but give it a chance are the best type of clients!
My biggest guilty pleasure is GUSHERS! Ahh! I just love those little fruit snacks lol I could go through a whole box in a day with ease if I didn’t stop myself. Also- WAFFLES! Frozen blueberry eggo to be precise! I’m not quite sure what it is but they are a huge weakness to me. We also can’t forget about the milkshake factory which is located by my house lol.. My perfect cheat day includes all three of these!
6 FAVORITE THINGS ABOUT PITTSBURGH?
1. 6YCLE, DUH! Best spinning studio out there and I’m not even being bias 😉
2. STEELERS PENS & PIRATES!! I’m a HUGE sports girl and live for our Pittsburgh teams! Sometimes I get a little too competitive lol!
3. Our seasons! Pittsburgh is the most beautiful place during every season, and especially fall being my favorite!
4. My family and friends all being so close to me! I don’t have to drive over an hour to see any of my family members or closest friends 🙂
5. The community and how small of a city it really is! I love meeting and getting to know new people and seeing them frequently!
6. The different opportunities Pittsburgh is always opening up. I have grown into a better person living in this city and being able to meet the amazing people I have!
WHEN THIS SONG COMES ON, YOU GET HYPE…
BOOM by Tiesto & Gucci Mane! Whether at the club or 6YCLE, I am ALWAYS bouncing around and dancing to this beat! A smile does not leave my face during this track, and I know my college clients can agree! 🙂