WHAT’S IT LIKE TO SPEND A DAY WITH YOU?
I am a looney tune. I feel like there’s a festival bass going off in my head 24/7 as I’m floating off on a cloud. I work in outside sales in the oil and gas industry and I absolutely love it. Those days, I spend a lot of my time driving and meeting with different people. However if I had to plan a day that I’m not at work… well one, coffee is always involved. Usually multiple times throughout the day (5 shot Americano with Splenda and almond milk). I like to wake up early so I don’t waste the day. I’ll get coffee, spend about 3 hours working out, listen to music… truthfully I’m just a yes man (to a fault). So anything that’s going on, I’m there. Or if there are 3 things going on I’ll (try to be) there. No day is the same with me. I would lose my mind if it was.
HOW DO YOU CROSSTRAIN WHEN YOU’RE NOT AT 6YCLE?
I love anything that makes me feel like I’m going to die. But, in real talk, if you took one look at my Instagram, I’m flexing in 3/4 of the photos. Honestly when I take a normal picture I’m like Ricky Bobby and literally don’t know what to do with my hands. But lifting is my thing. I love it to my core. I switch up my versions of cardio— I love Elevate, hot yoga (has to be hot) and Barre3. I will really try anything though! Except running. No thanks.
YOUR PERFECT CLIENT IS…
Anyone who wants to show up!! I take it as my responsibility to bring out the power in a client. Once you’re there, the hard part is over! I try to work my playlist in a way that’s engaging, while making sure that my hypeness and energy is always at my highest. Energy and belief are contagious. I’m genuine and passionate about what I do and I know once you step into the class, we’re there as a team and we are going to overcome anything that might hold you back! So show up and buy in.
I really freaking love froyo, ugh.
I’m also a sunset chaser. I’m an odd bird. Sometimes I’ll just drive my car around to find views I can sit from and listen to music. If there’s a sunset or sunrise involved, I’ll literally get lost swerving through mountains to find where I can see it. Sometimes I just get lost lol.
6 FAVORITE THINGS ABOUT PITTSBURGH?
1. The culture. Pittsburgh is full of all kinds of different people who seem to come together as one big family (or maybe that’s because everyone is either related or literally know each other from moons away). But the spirit of the city has wrapped me up since I moved here.
1a. In addition— the people. I knew no one when I moved to Pittsburgh a little over a year ago and it’s been almost overwhelming how welcoming every single person is. I intended for Pittsburgh to be a pit-stop for me in my career, instead it’s become a home.
2. The food! So many places. It makes being healthy kind of difficult— because how can anyone pass up Alla Famiglia? Ya can’t.
3. The arts. Everywhere you go you can find music, art, shows, people creating, etc. It really makes for an inspirational and beautiful place to be. I think it brings people together and gives an appreciation for non-material things. I’ve found myself enjoying walking or driving the streets of the city and it’s surroundings, looking for different art or searching for a show, rather than sit in my house any day.
4. The nightlife. It’s been a blessing and a curse. I am 29 years old and just keep raging harder than ever with the help of my dear, dear, supportive friends.
5. The fitness community! I think it’s taken for granted how lucky we are to be surrounded by such a positive lifestyle in the people around us. But it’s everywhere!! It’s everywhere and I love it so much. You can’t go into a suburb of Pittsburgh and not find a workout studio— heck, you’ll probably find 3 within a block. It’s hype. I love it.
6.ycle (you like that? ). But for real. I tell everyone… drink the Kool-Aid, man. 6ycle is a community of people that are unmatched lead by instructors and people who are unmatched. I never saw myself being a “spin instructor”. But I promise you, once you go, it’s a feeling like no other and that comes after the feeling of your workout. 6ycle empowers you to be who you are and to find your best self at that. With the help of this place, we single-handedly got me on a path toward feeling unstoppable. Not even kidding though…
WHEN THIS SONG COMES ON, YOU GET HYPE…
Blah Blah Blah by Armin Van Burren. This is my jam. It’s my jam so much so, that anyone who’s been to my class probably anticipates when it might come on the playlist. Pair the hype beat with a room full of sixers doing “down-x-down-back”…. man it’s like I’m leading an army. I almost fall off my bike at times. Smooth.