WHAT’S IT LIKE TO SPEND A DAY WITH YOU?
By day you can find me in the office or working from home selling life science equipment and consumables. I’m a bit of a science nerd (and proud!) so I get to nerd out with researchers about their work and am fascinated by new emerging biologics and cancer therapies. After work I try to get to 6ycle at least 4 times a week to prepare for my upcoming wedding (Sept 28th!!!) and to destress from all the planning. Usually I’ll end the night snuggling with my dog Otis and watching Netflix with my fiancé Ryan.
HOW DO YOU CROSSTRAIN WHEN YOU’RE NOT AT 6YCLE?
Big fan of hot yoga and I try to incorporate weight training a few times a week as well. For a while I didn’t work out as much but then I found 6ycle and instantly fell in love with exercising again! Now I’ll try any studio at least once just to mix things up.
YOUR PERFECT CLIENT IS…
Someone who is ready to have fun and isn’t afraid of pushing themselves for a great workout. I try to make my classes easy to understand for beginners while also incorporating heavy resistance and a bunch of sprints for seasoned Sixers. I’m happiest when my clients are comfortable with their workout and having fun while burning calories.
Doing the bare minimum on Sundays, I think we all need a break once in a while to prepare for the week ahead. If I don’t have plans that day I’ll start my Sundays at 6ycle and then you’ll find me at home all day on the couch watching home improvement shows or Say Yes to the Dress. This then leads to me wanting to do another project on our house (sorry Ryan!).
6 FAVORITE THINGS ABOUT PITTSBURGH?
1. The people! I’m from Long Island where we don’t say hi to strangers or even neighbors while walking down the street. People are much nicer out here
2. The Strip District. I am so thankful for all the Asian markets at the Strip, otherwise I wouldn’t be able to cook all the authentic dishes I ate growing up.
3. Southside will always have a special place in my heart. It’s where I first bonded with my best friend Carol 5 years ago when I moved to Pittsburgh and who doesn’t love a night out at Mario’s or Carson City Saloon!?
4. Doce Taqueria, I 100% drive from Washington to get tacos at least once a week.
5. Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens. I love walking around looking at the different exhibits they have throughout the year. My fiancé also proposed in the Broderie Room so I forever will love this place.
6. 6ycle of course!
WHEN THIS SONG COMES ON, YOU GET HYPE…
Anything by Steve Aoki! Rave is my favorite sprint track out of my playlist and when Turbulence comes on, I get PUMPED to do a 4.5 minute arm track!