WHAT’S IT LIKE TO SPEND A DAY WITH YOU?
Spend a day with me? How about in two weeks? But seriously, my life is a constant going from one place to another. I like to keep myself busy and I definitely do that. You can usually catch me waking up for the 5:45am class in the Southside studio and then grabbing a quick shower before heading off to a full day of work, classes, or both! I get home sometime between 5-6pm (& sometimes 8pm) and then head over to the gym for some weight training. After that, I make some dinner with my boyfriend and then we end the night watching a show or movie (while I do homework of course!).
HOW DO YOU CROSSTRAIN WHEN YOU’RE NOT AT 6YCLE?
I have been going to the gym to do weight training on top of 6YCLE workouts. I am also a huge fan of HIIT training, Shaun T saves my life on days where I just don’t feel like going to a gym or just need a quick workout in-between homework assignments.
YOUR PERFECT CLIENT IS…
Someone who is going to walk into the studio ready to put in some work! I feed off of everyone’s energy within the class. If I see you pushing hard, it motivates me to push harder! I love the feeling of finishing up an awesome workout with people who pushed their hardest!
A good old movie and snack night with my people. I love throwing on an old favorite with my best friends and just picking up whatever snacks (+ wine) we want! The ultimate movie night snack list includes homemade pizza, smartfood popcorn, and a big bottle of red wine to share (or not).
6 FAVORITE THINGS ABOUT PITTSBURGH?
1. All of the different cultures. Take about a 20 minute drive in any direction and it will be like you’re visiting a completely new place.
2. Small businesses are everywhere. Empty out that online cart and head out into the city to find unique gifts and goodies. I love picking up some Italian treats for my dad at the Pennsylvania Macaroni Co. or some self-care beauty products at Una Biologicals for my mom/sister/friends/everyone (including me)! SO many places!
3. All of the vegetarian food! Coming from a small town with only a few restaurants, it’s awesome to now be in Pittsburgh where there is a ton of vegetarian friendly options. Don’t sleep on seitan wings!
4. My support system here. I have a handful of people that really help make Pittsburgh home. Being able to experience the city with them is one of my favorite things.
5. The festivals! The fall festivals are basically everything I could ever want in my life (pumpkins, apple dumplings, cozy sweaters, etc). There are also a ton of festivals throughout the summer that are awesome. I went to the VegFest this year for the first time. I was amazed at how many awesome venders came out! Veg heaven!
6. 6YCLE. One of my absolute places to be! Makes me feel empowered every time I walk out from taking a class or teaching a class! The energy is something I’ve never experienced before.
WHEN THIS SONG COMES ON, YOU GET HYPE…
Circle of Life (LUCiD Remix). Might just be the Penn State girl in me, but this song really makes me go wild. Find me dancing to it at a Penn State tailgate or, more importantly, spinning to it in a class at Peters sometime soon!