WHAT’S IT LIKE TO SPEND A DAY WITH YOU?
I feel like I’m always working! I work a full time job managing a gym, where I’m always moving and on my feet. When I’m not going to teach at 6ycle before or after work, I’m typically at home with my kitten, Echo. On the weekends, I enjoy exploring Pittsburgh and it’s surrounding areas, as I moved here less than 2 years ago! I’m such a homebody, so I’m trying to break out of my shell and experience new things and places.
HOW DO YOU CROSSTRAIN WHEN YOU’RE NOT AT 6YCLE?
My favorite way to stay active is to be outside! I absolutely LOVE to go on hikes. I also enjoy kayaking, and going for walks in my neighborhood or anywhere outdoors. Connecting with nature is super important to stay grounded, especially living so close to a city. In the winter, I lift in the gym, and snowboard! Don’t underestimate the core workout that grinding on the mountain gives.
YOUR PERFECT CLIENT IS…
Someone who is willing to give feedback! I am always trying to make my classes more fun and challenging, so having someone who tells me what they like or don’t like is key! I’m here for the clients, so I want them to be as happy as possible with each and every class!
Binging: Friends, Gossip Girl, cheesy Netflix movies. I think I’m still a 16 year old girl at heart in the body of a 24 year old hopeless romantic. Speaking of 16 year old, I love a good early 2000s emo/alternative jam sesh. Maybe I should add some Mayday Parade, All Time Low, and Green Day to my mixes?
6 FAVORITE THINGS ABOUT PITTSBURGH?
1. City sunrises reflecting on the rivers.
2. All things Steelers! (I grew up outside of Philly so I’m glad to finally be surrounded by Steelers fans!)
3. Pittsburgh summer! There’s SO MUCH to do, definitely a huge perk of the city.
4. Art and people: there’s so much individuality in the city. People are so creative, inspiring, and unique. There’s so much support for one another and so much acceptance of people.
5. Moving here brought me to my sweetheart! I have the most amazing man, the sweetest cat, and the cutest little apartment!
6. Ah, 6ycle! I’m so thankful for the amazing workouts and kick-butt clients who keep me going!
WHEN THIS SONG COMES ON, YOU GET HYPE…
It’s a strong tie for me!
“Work It Out” by Party Favor & Good Times Ahead. This song is HYPE! The drops, the changes in the vibe, the fact that the song literally tells us to work it out!! I love it
“Hey Baby” by DJ Otzi. I end every class with this song! Nearly 4 minutes of sprints to a super fun, encouraging song.. the best way to burn out any remaining energy we still have from a great class! I love it!