We get it. Working out is hard. Half of the time we are throwing our hair on top of our head and hoping we don’t look like gerbils. BUT. What if there were a couple quick and easy ways to help you look cute while not looking cute all sweaty after a workout? Thankfully your girl here went to cosmetology school before she decided 6ycle was her life and I’m going to help you all out, SIXER fam. My favorite easy workout hairstyles that you can do on your own or to your friends so you’re looking like you’ve been working out but you can also go out in public afterwards, as well as our favorite products to keep those beautiful heads of hair we love looking great 24/7.
- Dutch fishtail/Boxer Braids – the classic. Honestly, we can’t go wrong here with two braids. My all time favorite to go from working out to going out. And, if you take care of them well enough you can get a couple days out of your braids. Tip: sleep with a wet t shirt/silk bandana over your braids to help them last more than a day (thank me later😊) things you need are a comb, two little elastics and DRY or damp hair. Pro tip: never braid your hair wet, it could cause breakage when it drys. Your hair shrinks, and if braided too tightly it’ll cause damage!!
2. Pull out braid/messy bun – Also a fan favorite, and you can rock this in our out of the gym. Part your hair down the middle and go two simple braids on either side of the hairline, and connect those bad boys into your version of the perfect ~messy~ bun. Key here is TEXTURE SPRAY. Pull out your braids a little for messier look and you’re ready to go! If you can French braid yourself or have a friend that can do it, you can also braid it that way instead of a simple plait.
3. SPACE BUNZ, BABY!- who doesn’t love a good space bun look?! And if you want to dress it up, put some baby braids on the top of your head that connects to your cute baby buns. All you need is two elastics, some texture or hairspray, and you’re ready to go! This is such a fun look to rock while working out or if you just wear athleisure wear and are lying saying you’re going to workout today (me, always)
Favorite products to make it seem like my hair is clean but you don’t really know🧐🤨
- Dry shampoo (duh) – Life. changing. Game. Changer. If you don’t have it, buy it now. If you do, check out my favorites and then buy mine so we can twinsies.
Kevin Muprhy – Fresh Hair
DryBar – Detox dry shampoo
Batiste – original dry shampoo
2. Texture Spray – okay. If you’re ever feeling a little flat, or you have fine hair the just doesn’t hold a cute beach wave or braid for more than 6 minutes and you just contemplate what your purpose is life is, this is it right here. Texture spray give your hair a little oomf when you really need it. Pro tip: read your ingredients and be mindful of alcohol in your products, don’t dry ya weaves out, friends.
Kevin Murphy – Bedroom hair (Ask tay. Ask me. Ask anyone. We love this so much and it’s sitting in our studio as we speak so Taylor and I can just spray it until we choke on the fumes)
Joico – Beach Shake texturing finisher
Style sexy hair – play dirty dry wax A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY but the outcome is amazing
3. My girls with extensions – hello. It’s me. Dropping by to say yes it’s 2019 and we basically live for 24” hair that’s not ours. REMEMBER TO WASH WITH SULFUR FREE SHAMPOO AND BRUSH YOUR MANES. We love a matted free & conditioned 24” in lock Sixer.
We love working out and we love seeing you guys looking pretty so we want to make sure we hit all angles with our fam! Next time you step into the studio and you want to try one of these styles but you might not have the hand coordination don’t be afraid to hunt me down, I’ll never turn down a cute braided hairstyle for our clients! We love you guys ☺️