Hey sixers! Jess and Kristina here. Not only was this week “simplify your life week,” but back to school is right around the corner! Is it just us, or do you always feel busier during the fall season too?? When life gets a little hectic, sometimes it’s easy to forget about our bodies and our health, but when we continue to make ourselves and our bodies a priority, we can much more easily sustain a positive, healthy mentality during the busiest time of the year – and yes, that might mean getting our butts up before the sun to get that workout done early in the AM.
We teamed up to each give you our top 3 tips when getting up early and having a productive morning…
- Don’t delay – when you alarm goes off, get up. Literally, fling yourself from bed that very second. And don’t set your alarm earlier than needed. Knowing you can hit snooze leads to hitting it two, three, four times and, oops, now it’s noon.
- Eat breakfast! This is a must for me. I suffer and so does my workout if I have that lethargic, just-woke-up feeling lingering around.
- Go to sleep knowing that you are waking up early. This one is a little elementary, but it’s seriously the most helpful. Pack your bag the night before, lay out your clothes for the day, and tidy up anything laying around that would distract you in the morning.
- Think something positive. It may sound silly, but starting your day off with one positive thought can change your entire day. Fun fact: I am actually subscribed to an email list that sends me positive emails every morning to help me get my mind in the right place to start the day. If that doesn’t appeal to you, literally wake up & smile. Smiling automatically releases endorphins and strengthens your immune system, what better way to start the day??
- Stretch. We all know these hybrid classes at 6YCLE can leave us feeling SORE, but taking a quick 5-10 minutes to stretch in the morning helps increase blood flow to your muscles, making it easier for us to move around and start the day.
- Don’t let the first thing you do in the morning be social media. I know it’s tempting to reach for IG and read the latest memes, but focus on YOU and your mindset for the day, the rest can wait.